Fields of interest - How to submit an article
Aims, Fields of interest, Units/Columns, Criteria, Reviews and Submission of Articles.
Language: as of 2020 (Issue 21), the Journal is published both in English and in Greek
“Education & Theatre” Journal is a peer-reviewed journal published in Athens Greece, yearly, by the Hellenic Theatre/Drama & Education Network.
It combines international theory and practical approaches to theatre/drama and education.
The Editing Committee is happy to receive submissions of articles all year round.
Submitted articles should meet the requirements below.
All articles submitted are anonymously reviewed in terms of publication by members of Journal's International Academic-Advisory Committee.
Aims of the Journal
- To create a communication channel amongst teachers, academic scholars, artists and students interested in the cooperation between theatre, educational drama and the performing artson the one hand, and the teaching process on the other, whether the latter takes place inside or outside the school environment.
- To spread information, to create an environment of knowledge and to promote research in the above field in all levels of education..
- To support the dialogue and the communication amongst its readers in reference to both theoretical and practical issues.
Fields of interest
The journal covers all fields hosting the coexistence of learning and theatre/ drama, such as:
- Theatre/drama and performing arts teaching
- Theatre/drama as a teaching method and a didactic tool
- Community Theatre and Theatre for Development
- Theatre as Social Intervention
- Theatre-in-Education projects
- Drama therapy, Psychodrama
Other issues of practice or research on Theatre/Drama, arts and education
a) Academic articles: Original research outcomes, theoretical writing, where the theoretical and research framework should be clear, cited and documented (3500-4000 words, 150-word abstract, key words, references, bibliography).
b) Presentations of projects (good practices) which have been created and presented in schools, in the community, etc, with specific educational aims. The theoretical framework, reflections and feedback should be equally balanced with a more personal view (1500-2500 words, 150-word abstract, detailed description of the aims, the applications and the final evaluation of the project, bibliography, photographs).
c) Conference Reviews(1000 words, full title and organization, description of typical activities, evaluation, photographs)
d) Interview: The Editorial Committee accepts suggestions for persons or topics
e) PhD (or MA) theses abstracts for theses with emphasis in the field of Theatre/Drama in Education (1000 words)
f) Book reviews, web-site reviews, presentations of educational material, etc. The Editorial Committee accepts relevant suggestions (300-500 words, full references, detailed description of the content, cover/ home page image).
- The article is relevant to the fields of interest of the journal
- The presentation of the essay is full, comprehensible and well-structured
- The issue is pointed out with clarity
- The text is interesting and applicable from a research point of view
- The methodology, documentation, research and the arguments are clearly stated
- Results/ conclusions contributing to the theory and practice of Theatre/Drama in Education are present
- Citation of references and bibliography are satisfactory
All articles are anonymously reviewed by at least two members of the Journal's International Academic-Advisory Committee. The views and opinions expressed in the published articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the position of the Editing Committee. The authοrs retain the intellectual property rights but all publishing rights (paper or electronic) belong to the publisher [Hellenic Theatre/Drama & Education Network (TENet-Gr)]
Submission of articles
Language: As of 2020 the journal is published both in English and Greek.
Authors are welcome to submit their articles in Greek or English.
Accepted articles that are submitted in English will be translated in Greek.
As a word document (Calibri, 11’, single line spacing) containing in the following order:
a) An indication for the field/ unit of the journal where the article belongs
b) Title of the article
c) Author (s)’s Full name (s) and title (s)
d) Abstract (approx. 150 words)
e) Key words
f) Main article
g) Notes - references (in the end of the main article)
h) Bibliography (strictly in the APA system)
i) Author(s) CV in a paragraph 120 words max.
j) Autor (s)contact information: e-mail, telephone, full postal address (they are not made public)
Photos to be sent as jpg files in high resolution, separately from the article. Please mark the exact place inside the article where the photo should appear, and include the caption if necessary
A statement on whether the article is previously published or submitted for publication elsewhere and on whether the author has the copyright of photos is required.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Editing Committee, for any questions/clarifications
The Editing Committee