“it could be me – it could be you” is an awareness raising project, targeting the educational community at large, on human rights and refugee issues, using experiential learning, theatre and educational drama techniques.
The project is organised and implemented in Greece since 2015 by the Hellenic Theatre/Drama & Education Network (TENet-Gr) in association with and the support of UNHCR Greece (UN Agency for Refugees)
- Athens National & Kopidistrian University / Theatre Studies Department (BA & MA programmes)
- Thessaloniki Aristotelian University / Theatre Department, Education Department
- University of the Peloponnese / Theatre Studies Department
- University of Thessaly / Education Department
The project and its educational material is approved by the Greek Institute of Educational Policy & the Greek Ministry of Education and is accredited by IDEA-International Drama/Theatre & Education Association and approved as an "IDEA Land and Home" project
It primarily addresses members of the educational community, namely teachers and students of primary and secondary education, education officials, parents as well as youth trainers and local community members that are interested in the human rights movement.
Priority is given to the members of the Hellenic Theatre/Drama & Education Network (TENet-Gr).
All offered actions are free of charge and are implemented by trained and authorised drama pedagogues and facilitators of the project
Project «It could be me - It could be you» in numbers 2015 - 2022:
- over 37500 students
- over 500 schools
- 70 cities in Greece
- 1788 student workshops
- 95 interactive performances
- 122 Student Festivals & Action Days
- over 17700 teachers
- 493 teacher seminars
- over 150 trainers, facilitators, theatre/drama pedagogues
- cooperation with over 60 Educational Authorities, 10 university departments, 20 municipalities, Festivals, Museums and other organisations