Duration: 2,5 hours
Delivery: online or in situ
Design: Giorgos Bekiaris.
Performed by Lampros Arapakos, Nikos Govas, Christina Krithari, Giorgos Moschos, Dionisis Pavlou, Evgenia Zagoura and other certified drama pedagogues, facilitators of the Project.
Addresses teachers of all degrees, youth group facilitators, parents, Middle and High school students and university students
Free for a limited amount of performances/interventions.
Priority is given to members of the Hellenic Theatre / Drama & Education Network.
"YOU have them stay with you!" is a forum theatre performance offered in the context of the “it could be me - it could be you” project implemented by the Hellenic Theatre/Drama & Education Network (TENet-Gr) in collaboration with UNHCR Greece. The play debates issues such as solidarity, acceptance of “the other” and dealing with xenophobia. It addresses teenagers, teachers and members of the broader educational community and attempts to set the participants against personal and social attitudes, ideals, wishes and responsibilities, inviting them to intervene during the performance and offer solutions.
The workshop consists of three (3) parts:
- Part A: Games to warm up both body and mind introducing the tools and concepts that will follow.
- Part B: Presentation of the play “YOU have them stay with you!”
- Part C: In depth retrospection on the characters and the situations presented at the play. Initially there is open discussion among the participants in "breakout rooms" and the "hot seating" technique follows.
- Part D: The “Forum”, during which the play is replayed and the audience can intervene on stage trying, through improvisation, to empower the character who is in need and drive the story to an entirely different ending
- Part E: Unwinding – Feedback
“It could be me - it could be you” project is approved by the Ministry of Education and its activities are offered for free.
Production: Hellenic Theatre / Drama & Education Network / 2020
Organization: Hellenic Theatre / Drama & Education Network / 2020 in cooperation with the UNHCR Greece
For more information: 0030 2106541600 / email@example.com